EPDM Roof SystemsEthylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) is a dimensionally stable membrane that can withstand and resist almost any type of nature-born stress. This single-ply roof membrane, also commonly referred to as a rubber roof system, utilizes carbon black as its molecular backbone which enables it to take on characteristics such as the ability to expand up to 300% yet retain 100% structural memory. EPDM has an excellent weathering resistance and serves as a superb roof over application.
EPDM Roof systems are typically installed in one of three methods:
- Mechanically attached- In this application, the roof membrane is affixed to the structural deck utilizing mechanical anchors.
- Fully adhered- This system is applied by bonding the membrane directly to the affixed insulation board or other roofing membrane substrate.
- Ballasted- Using large sheets and 10-12 pounds of rock ballast per square foot to hold the membrane in place, this process requires a structural engineer’s approval.
Despite its considerable technical and life span advantages, EPDM compares very well to traditional materials and is comparable in price. Call JDI Development today for a free consultation regarding your EPDM application.
Why Choose Us?
- Free Roof Inspections
- Free Estimates
- Flexible Evening and Weekend Appointments
- Commercial and Residential Services
- Licensed and Certified Estimators
- Licensed and Certified Adjusters
- Licensed and Certified Consultants
- Certified Technicians
- Roof Maintenance Programs Available
- Customizable Roof Warranties
- Expertise in All Types of Roofing
- "Best of Class" Roofing Materials
- Assistance with Filing Insurance Claims
- Friendly, Professional Service